[ About ]
[ Batspeed Research ]
[ Swing Mechanics ]
[ Truisms and Fallacies ]
[ Discussion Board ]
[ Video ]
[ Other Resources ]
[ Contact Us ]
Re: don't give up!!!!


Posted by: rql () on Thu Sep 21 17:32:22 2000


Does the back elbow always come down to the side even on outside pitches?
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > Yes the elbow always comes down. You can not flaten the bat out to get in on the same plane as the ball without droping your elbow.
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > Joe A. ruben....at what point in the swing does your question refer to? stance, launch position or lag position?....although it's clear that joe a gave a thoughtful response i personally would like a little more info....respectfully, grc....
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > I'm talkin' bout the launch position. In the Batting Mechanics frame C or D... the picture when the dude's shoulder first comes to his side,,,yo
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > yes....at this point the elbow should be down...grc...
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Anyone and everyone,
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I think its funny that these people use pros as a model for learning to teach a swing. I was at a batting practice at a AAA game and saw a batter fooling around in the batting cage, hitting line drives with one hand. According to other players the pitcher was throwing over 70 mphs.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Most kids cannot hit line drives off of 70 mph pitching. I guess that because a pro can hit line drives this way, some people would teach a kid to hit with one hand. Sounds right to me.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Pros are not the model for teaching young people. Even they would not teach someone to do what they do. When will people learn this????
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Joe A.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > joe a.....first i would like to congratulate you on a well thought-out post....having said that i would like to point out that the purpose of this site is to promote BATSPEED.....that's why jabk is known as Mr. Batspeed.....attaining the greatest batspeed possible means learning the techniques that the pros use (that's how THEY got to be pros).....ever so respectfully, grc.....
> > > >
> > > > jrc,
> > > >
> > > > You have won me over with your incessant, and annoying, politness. I will answer with politness.
> > > >
> > > > Most of the reason pros are pros is size and strength. You will see this starting even before little leauge and at higher levels. Their strength gives them the ability to create bat head speed that most can only dream about. There is a reason that weight training is a training element if almost every sport.
> > > >
> > > > So, pros can create tremendous batspeed even with poor machanics. There are fundmental elements of just about every pro that they, themselves, would not teach young hitters.
> > > >
> > > > For example:
> > > > Would you teach a young hitter to stand with their front foot 2 feet off the line to the pitcher toward third base (right handed hitter)?
> > > >
> > > > Would you teach a young hitter to take a stance with his hands at ear level?
> > > >
> > > > Would you teach a young hitter to wave the bat back and forth in their stance?
> > > >
> > > > What about swinging with all their strength?
> > > >
> > > > These and many, many more "created" mechanics are used by pros. They get away with it because they have the size, strength, quickness and many years of practice to do mechanics that mere morals could never do.
> > > >
> > > > Trying to pick elements out of a pro swing that has been created, often with the help of a batting coach for a player with a particular set of skills to solve a specific problem, and apply it to a young hitter only confuses the coach and the hitter.
> > > >
> > > > Young players should be taught only the purest of mechanics. Thats what will create the maximum batspeed. Then, if you have that one in 10,000 with the exceptional quickness and strenght, he will be even better off using proper mechanics.
> > > >
> > > > As time passes and the exceptional hitter wants to make exoctic changes to fix a particular problem, fine. But, he will have to start with a proper swing even to know what to change.
> > > >
> > > > Joe A.
> > > >
> > > >joe a....you did a superb job in articulating your position.....frankly i disagree with much of what you said but on the other hand i am sure there are some people out there who share your view.....rather than rebutt your points one by one, i'll simply summarize my basic disagreement with your excellent post.....i disagree that all athletes were simply born with size & strength , and that training had little or nothing to do with their success....i have seen many college varsity football players who tried out for baseball and failed.....and remember michael jordan?.....and ken griffey jr does not have extraordinary strength & he doesn't even lift weights......believe me, joe a, with all the scientific studies that Jack has made, and all the scientific studies that Paul (at setpro.com) has made, learning and mastering proper techniques is a key to playing advanced baseball.....and that's what this site promotes, BATSPEED....i know there are many kids & many parents who find this site & setpro too technical & scientific for their purposes.....and that's fine, as there are many kids who have no aspiration for higher levels of play.....and for those who don't, there is www.eteamz.com......for those who do there is this site and www.setpro.com......again complimenting you on a most thought-provoking post, ever so respectfully, grc.......
> > > >
> >
> > grc,
> >
> > I give up. You use a pro example to refute an argument that you can't use pros as a guide. You make it hard to remain polite.
> >
> > I just give up.
> >
> > Joe A.
> >
> >
> >joe a....i respectfully ask that you reconsider your decision to give up....if your ultimate objective is to learn the most efficient swing possible, that objective will not be achieved by giving up.....myself or anyone at this site will always be pleased to answer your questions ......that's what this site is all about, all of us, in a civil & respectful manner want to help each other learn.......again, hoping that you will reconsider your decision , respectfully, grc........
> >
> > grc you say using the techniques by batspeed.com helps create the greatest batspeed and thats what got the pros to the pro level.i'll go along with this idea that rotation can create more batspeed,however I do not believe all pro hitters use the technique that creates optimum batspeed for them.examples 5/3000 hit guys cobb,rose,gwynn,carew,and boggs.I believe they use mechanics that offer them the greatest oppurtunity to hit the ball square most consistently.seems like someone said ruth and hornsby were weight shift mechanics i cannot validate either way.If the 1st and 2nd all time hits leaders in the M.L.are predominantly weight shifters then this idea should not be discarded as unprofessional or unlike pros use.i realize that maybe there are more rotational hitters in the show but some grat glove men would not be there if not for weight shift inside/out swing mechanics.just my thoughts!!


Followups:

Post a followup:
Name:
E-mail:
Subject:
Text:

Anti-Spambot Question:
This slugger ended his MLB career with 714 homeruns?
   Tony Gwynn
   Babe Ruth
   Sammy Sosa
   Roger Clemens

   
[   SiteMap   ]