[ About ]
[ Batspeed Research ]
[ Swing Mechanics ]
[ Truisms and Fallacies ]
[ Discussion Board ]
[ Video ]
[ Other Resources ]
[ Contact Us ]
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jacobs Pulls Outside Pitch!


Posted by: BHL (Knight1285@aol.com) on Mon Aug 29 20:58:40 2005


> > Hi GRC:
> >
> > Here you go. I moved my answers so that you will be able to find them.
> > >
> > > I am sorry if I have seemed evasive--it just took time to digest what you asked. In order to give you a fair understanding of my credo, I will begin by stating my opinion, and then follow by answering your questions.
> > >
> > > My original intention of adding this critical mindset to hitting is due to the Social Darwinian mindset of coaches who often confuse size with power; to these individuals, the terms are one in the same. Specifically, these coaches often instruct a hitter with the ability to just clear the left field fence on a consistent basis that, since he cannot hit with any power to any other field, he might as well just hit hard singles. However, I saw a potential in these smaller players others failed to see: if one can repeat the ability to pull balls to left on every pitch, they can take advantage of their strength, and put up better power numbers.
> > >
> > > Now, it was insightful of you to ask me as to whether or not I believe in forcing people to adhere to my principles: the answer is no. If a person hits to the opposite field, to center field, or to all fields with power, why change their habits. Nay, my method is not meant to be a ubiquituos, didactic mindset which all must surrender to. Rather, it is just theory, and is available for whoever wants to use it. Now, I will turn to your specific inquiries.
> > >
> > > 1. Is there an optimal way to contact the ball depending on pitch location?
> > >
> > > No, I do not think there is, and will focus on the disparate approaches of various major leaguers to support my findings. In fact, your argument that hitters should not follow an example set by one hitter contradicts your claim that an optimum approach exists. Ted Williams, for instance, pulled every pitch he saw, regardless of the location. Mike Piazza, on the other hand, chooses to go the other way on a continuum. The medium would be Mike Schmidt, who believed in hitting every pitch to center field. Perhaps the best congregate of these players is Nomar Garciaparra (i.e., before his injuries). Since part of the scientific method involves empiricism (i.e., eaming what is going on), and these players give varying examples, the arguement of the correct way to hit a ball can be easily refuted.
> > >
> > > 2. Does one method applies to all hitters?
> > >
> > > No, it does not. This is why I believe that the four varying mentalities alluded to previously may benefit one, but be detrimental to the other. Basically, it is up to hitter to experiment, and find out which method works best for them.
> > >
> > > 3. Does standing too far away from the plate affect a person's ability to pull the outside pitch?
> > >
> > > For most, I believe standing off the plate will not help one's ability to pull the outside pitch. Yes, being fearless is needed to stand on the plate, and pull all pitches, which is why some might not pursue this option. In other words, people might not want to increased their chance of bodily injury by choosing to crowd the plate. On the other hand, SBK noted in March 2004 a person who can hit tight inside strikes can make the outside pitches appear as inside mistakes.
> > >
> > > I would like to conclude by saying that the reason I seek only information at "that other site" is the person who regulates the sites is convinced that he always the right answer. Whenever one's opinions clash with his, they are exiled from that site. I understand this because I have refuted his view of Sigmeund Freud being a legitemate psychologist by his standards--and had to pay for it. If I promulgated my theory, the same thing will probably occur. GRC, this does not prove that his information is useless--to the contrary, much of it can improve a swing--but that he will stay fixed, and almost never allow for flux. He made it clear that his site was more "Q&A" than anything else, and, as a person, I have to accept it. Fortunately, Jack has granted me the opportunity to plead my case before an audience, irrespective who disagrees with it.
> > >
> > > Best Wishes,
> > > BHL
> > > Knight1285@aol.com
> > >
> > > P.S. One of the quality I admire about you is your honesty, and professionalism. Take care!
>
> but how is your brother?

Hi grc:

My brother is fine, and wishes you the best.

Sincerely,
BHL


Followups:

Post a followup:
Name:
E-mail:
Subject:
Text:

Anti-Spambot Question:
Who hit a record 70 home runs in one season?
   Kobe Bryant
   Wayne Gretzky
   Walter Payton
   Barry Bonds

   
[   SiteMap   ]